Tuesday, December 1, 2009

So here I am

As everybody knows (since I have almost made it a point for everyone to know) that I am down with bad dengue fever. The fever takes the body but the mind still looks for pre-occupations. So anyways I got an alert about a PFC one contest that is inviting amateur but interesting videos. So well I thought of giving myself a small motto and submitted two movie:
"There are 64 of us" and "Some evenings are still spent with you".

There was a little experimentation I did with both.

The first one "There are 64 of us" is in your documentary style (ideally the girl should be more nervous and beautiful instead of me) but I wanted to make a video on the lines of viral videos made on youtube and see how much appreciation it gets. I made the character name aarohi sehgal and went on to create an email account and website http://aarohiclones.blogspot.com/ for her. Once the contest gets over I might try to test and see whatall goes into making a viral video successful. My brother wondered if I am expecting something like an internet debate arising from the video whether aarohi is cloning in reality or not. And I wonder if some kid sees the video and asks me if I am the clone or the real girl.


The second one "Some evenings are still spent with you" was a video that does not show the face of the person. I wanted to see how important is face in conveying the emotion. Can we still express the pain without showing the face behind it. It consisted of calculated static shots and lots of restraint. I hope people get it that the girl is wearing her husbands shirt at the end.

Lets see which one people like more.

1 comment:

Basav Biradar said...

hey Arati.. yeah i saw your entries on the PFC one. Me and couple of my friends submitted the entry number 202. Our idea was to make a office oriented short film with the main concentration on multiple shots from different angles.